B.S. in Environmental Science
Gain a broad scientific understanding of human influence on our natural world, from the molecular to a global scale, with our bachelor's degree in environmental science. Our leading curriculum and faculty prepare you to solve environmental and associated human health challenges in a time of rapid ecological change.
Why Major in Environmental Science?
You want to protect the environment, and we're here to help you build a sustainable future. Prepare for your ideal career with our exciting classes and research opportunities spanning multiple disciplines focused on developing and implementing sustainable solutions. This where you increase your ability to think critically, work on a team and approach environmental issues from an experimental, entrepreneurial perspective.
A Career in Environmental Science
While you are here, there are many career development opportunities, including internships and research. Once you graduate, there are many career opportunities available, including:
- Environmental scientist ($71,360): Use knowledge of environmental systems to protect the environment and human health. You may clean up polluted areas, advise policymakers, or work with industry to reduce waste.
- Sustainability specialist: Work in the areas of sustainability, green building, environmental management systems, greenhouse gas reduction and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design certification.
- Environmental project manager ($71,360): Combine organizational management skills with expertise on environmental issues and regulations to help businesses prevent or repair damage to land, air and water.
- Environmental technician ($45,490): Collect and test air, water and soil samples to measure chemical, physical and biological properties, and to ensure compliance with all environmental laws and regulations, including that affect public health, at local, state and federal levels.
- Environmental science educator ($30,000-79,000): Educate individuals, communities, students and decision-makers about the importance of human interactions with the environment and thoughtful stewardship of the world's natural resources.
What will your journey look like?
You will gain a solid scientific foundation in biology, chemistry and physics in our environmental science core curriculum before choosing an emphasis/sub-plan for further study. Explore sub-plans to find out more about the different paths in our program, including classes taught by our faculty.